Thursday 30 January 2014

Adding colour to the piece, remodelling and other quick fixes

Just a brief update on the environment: this time, I've chosen to add a bit more colour to the mix.

I've added some tapestries to the scene, which are placed liberally over the walls and ceilings. In my research, hippies generally do this to liven up a surface with psychedelic patterns, so I figured I would do the same with my apartment environment. In my opinion, it added quite a lot to the piece, making it seem more claustrophobic and hidden.


Here's some quick sculpts I made of those objects.

I've also been working on the vinyl player in the room, which I wanted to be a hero asset of some kind. I had the fortune of knowing someone who owns their own vinyl player, so I could use photo reference in order to nail the look of the object.

Here's a shot of the highpoly:


Right now I'm in the process of texturing the lowpoly, so it's on its way.

That's all for now, but next I will try and fix those radioactive-looking candles. More things need to be textured, but i'd like to think I'm well on the way to finishing.

Thanks for reading :)







No comments:

Post a Comment