Wednesday 28 August 2013

Art Dump - Some renders

Here I'll be putting up some shots of selected assets from my environment, rendered in Marmoset with their associated textures. The general workflow for most of the assets was to model, unwrap and lightmap the lowpoly, and then create a separate highpoly mesh for baking details. These details would then be baked in Xnormal onto the lowpoly's texture for Ambient Occlusion and Normal maps.

Below is the TV's Lowpoly and Highpoly in Max:

And the completed Presentation shot:
I did find that on occasion, the normal map would have some artifacting or errors, so often I would have to alter them in Photoshop.

Here's another example for the office chair, this time using a combination of 3DS Max and Zbrush for the normals and AO bakes.
The highpoly was done in Max, for the hard surface details like the ribbed plastic on the support and handles.
Then that was imported to Zbrush and the detail on the seat was sculpted:

The resulting maps of this were then baked onto the texture, to produce this:
I also tinted the specular a bit on this map, as the chair in the image has an almost metallic look to its specular.
I generally followed this workflow for the rest of my assets. One of my objectives this project was to make minimal use of photo overlays and paint better specular highlights across the board.
Some other examples are below. The modular filing cabinets I mentioned in the breakdown, with differing colour schemes, as well as some other assets I felt were noteworthy.

I'll add more renders later, in the meantime thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment