Sunday 26 January 2014

More texturing update: Laptops and vinyls

I've been a bit busy working on other projects, but I managed to complete a few more textures this week, including the laptop and the vinyls/guitar case. Here's a current level screenshot, though not much has changed:



And here's a few renders of assets. I'm particularly proud of the way the laptop turned out.


Here's the highpoly model. I used real-world reference material to make this laptop, modelling it after an Acer model.


And the finished model. Here, I put a good Gloss map to use to highlight wear on the screen and mousepad. It's a really nice model and I'm quite proud of it ;)

With the vinyl sleeves, I was tipped off by a fellow coursemate about use of Anisotropic specular maps to get the most of my specular on a disk or other such processed surface. I found a map on the UDN after failing to generate one myself, and scaled and blurred it. Here it is for your use:

And here's the sink/worktop.



The worktops were another dull asset I felt could use some character, so I followed Jordan Walker's cue and used high normal, gloss and specular to make a loose liquid effect on the surface. I couldn't do it as well as him unfortunately, and it therefore kind of looks like mercury, but it's a nice effect.

And the last asset was the guitar case, which was more trouble than expected but turned out nice regardless. I contemplated making them openable, but I figured that I didn't have time to re-UV and model the inner lining.



That's all for now. I've got a surprise in the works but I need to finish up what I'm doing in regards to textures first. Thanks for reading!

















No comments:

Post a Comment