Wednesday 5 March 2014

Updates of no particular interest

So this week, I've continued to work on polishing the apartment. i went back into the UDK version (the one I'm handing in) and changed and tweaked.
As you can see, I went a bit crazy with adding things to the scene. I textured a couple more assets and even added some bonus assets.

To give the place some storytelling, I invented a scenario where the hippies, too lazy to was the dishes, would order takeout, presumably with the cash gained from selling all that weed.
To this effect, I created some props to tell this story, and filled the kitchen with dishes whilst putting the takeout boxes on the coffee table.

I also had the time spare to create some "bonus" assets of my choosing to better characterise the scene, and what better than Buddha, a symbol of peace and happiness?  I thought  a golden Buddha would tie in well with the Oriental feel and mellow atmosphere of the scene.

The sculpt turned out nicely and I used a new method of retopology in ZBrush to get the lowpoly. It turned out a bit more rounded than I'd like, but overall the metal looked nice and his addition was a nice compliment to the candles.

The CryEngine scene I will have to work on a little more, but since I'm handing in the UDK scene file, I have two months to polish that version before Expotees.

Thanks for reading :)



No comments:

Post a Comment