Friday 18 October 2013

FYP Redux

So, after a meeting with my supervisor and other University lecturers I learned that the proper way to do an environment is to dispense with emulating in-game content and instead perform my own research into the matter to gain a better understanding of the source material. To that effect, I am dispensing with the courthouse environment and I am instead going to create a smaller, more polished environment based on the Chicago apartments in Hitman Absolution. 
I will use UDK as per my supervisor's instruction, and aim to finish the project by March. I am going to conduct a lot more R & D before I dive in this time, with the subject matter researched far more thouroughly. This blog will essentially be a development diary of my progress, and I look forward to creating this beast!

But first, Research. I must look at both apartment architecture and the Hippie/Beatnik movement to get a better grasp of the subject matter. I will update with a paintover later.

No comments:

Post a Comment