Saturday 21 December 2013

Apartment Interior: The walls are alive and changing and stuff

In this update, I have taken a step back from the highpoly helicopter and done some more work on the apartment itself. Here's a screenshot:

The things I bring in this update is:
  • Two more textures for assets
  • Updated lighting
  • Updated textures/models for the shelf assets
  • Replaced one brick wall with wallpaper for added cohesiveness.

The lighting in the small kitchen area was originally very dim, but to add contrast and generate another focal point I made it brighter, as though the lightbulb in this area still worked.

Loads more texturing to do, but here's some Marmoset grabs of the newer assets. I feel through this project that my ability to texture wood is improving greatly :)

Next time is the time to texture more: If I get the main bulk of work done  as early as possible, I can spend more time refining it and responding to feedback.

My contact has also given me some pointers and advised me to also show of a daytime-lit version of the scene. I'll keep you posted and try and make the end product as high-quality as possible.
Thanks for reading :)




No comments:

Post a Comment