Monday 23 December 2013

Hipoly Copter update

I spent most of today adding more to the copter highpoly to meet my Christmas quota, and I'm pleased to reveal it's almost complete :)

Here's a render:



Right now, I've been having a few issues with the main body's scale: something knocked it in the optimising phase so that the rivets float above it. I guess those incremental saves will come in handy!

During the modelling of this I put aside as many iterations of the model as possible so that I have more base components to build the lowpoly from. As I do more on this asset, I will test the effects of this workflow, as this is the first asset which I will go from highpoly to lowpoly as opposed to my previous, alternate workflow.

My self-imposed Christmas deadline for this has almost been reached, which is good though. In the next update I will focus again on the environment.

Thanks for reading :)




No comments:

Post a Comment