Tuesday 19 November 2013

Little update and paintover

The past couple of days I have done only a small amount, texturing a little of the skybox and the Moroccan lantern, which was sticking out like a sore thumb. Here's a screenshot:

For the lanterns, I had to use separate materials and an alpha channel in order to get the look at relatively low poly, and I may revisit it in the future to tidy it up a bit too. 

One thing I have added is a road texture to the skybox outside. To create the road, I turned on the grid in 3DS Max and made individual pieces which fit together, textured differently to reflect different patterns of road and lanes/crossings etc. 
As I wanted the exterior to be raining too, I also added a specular and used Ndo to generate a bump map to reflect a wet surface. The results in the scene:
I also added lights to represent streetlights, helping the exterior look more like a city.

On another note, upon seeing the blank look of the main apartment area in the last screenshots, I added a paintover to show, roughly, my ideas for filling this space in a more interesting way.
In the next couple of days I will find reference and model the assets in the scene and try and flesh out this area, adding textures and models where necessary. Thanks :)




No comments:

Post a Comment